Skip to main content

Oxycodone Dreams

*Note* title used to be Oxycotin Dreams- I was given Oxycodone, not Oxycotin... *

As I've statused about, my NF has given me nerve tumors, one of which is in my lower left retroperitoneum, and I supposedly have other growths on my right side (though I have a major breakthrough story about this which I will write about later, so stay tuned), the pain of these tumors are really really really unbelievably painful, and I've been prescribed nerve pain meds more suitable for seizures, but they are supposed to keep all kinds of nerve pains at bay.

I was first given Gabapentin, but that ballooned me within a month- 5 pounds in like 35 days- crazy- and it didn't help my pain much. So I was given Topamax (lots and lots and lots happened in between, which is something I will talk about later), and the Tmax is supposed to combat the weight gain and keep me capped at whatever I've gained- who knows. We'll see.

Anyway, the pain that i've dealt with in the last quarter of my life, it has gone from a day of pain, to a couple of days, to a couple of more days, to about a week, to about 10 days and now the pain has not gone away, which is why I have been prescribed Oxycodone. I took it this morning around 4.

These were my dreams in no particular order
1) I went to the doctor who had to do a physical and I had to strip to my underwear and bra, but  I realized my underwear was not on the correct way, so I took it off, and i could not get it on again...
2) I look in the mirror in direct sunlight and my hair was bleached blonde...
3) I was suddenly in the show Fringe, and some guy was abducted a la Fringe style (i hate Fringe by the way, and no, while it 'takes place' in Boston, it's not filmed here) and all that was left of this guy, was a battered contact lense, and I was so freaked out, I was going to email my doctor and ask her if she meant for me to be a part of the Fringe world
4) I was in my old neighborhood and 4 men came out of this alley way, one wearing a blue/black flannel shirt, one wearing a white with light blue pin striped flannel shirt, one was wearing a white/cream/black flannel shirt, and one was wearing a red/black flannel shirt and all had guns and all started shooting at a group of people across the street (this actually might have been my first dream...)
5) i was in this weird neighborhood and I didn't recognize anything, but I couldnt' stand up and there was snow on the ground and I was playing in it...
6) I was in some weird place and two of my former classmates (it would be funny to name them but i won't!) were talking about Oxycodone- one was talking about how she gets it OTC for about $20 for 20 pills and the other was saying he can get her some for MUCH cheaper
7) The mom on Family Ties was my mom and teacher (John and I are watching the show now from start to finish on NetFlix streaming) and she found out I was taking Oxycotin, and made this fucking huge deal out of it but i was like holy shit, I've taken ONE!!!!!!! (oh and I was holding a black ticonderoga pencil that one of my friends was talking about buying for her godchildren on her facebook status before I went to bed)
8) we were sleeping and as usual, our cats wake us up by scratching the door, so we open the door, only to find we had two doors, one door on the each side of the room , which is not what we have in reality, so I was really weirded out. The sound of the cats scratching started to sound really really strong in my ears, like this loud swishing echo- I can't quite explain it.  (this might have been my second trip....I feel like it was...)

I might have had more, and if I can remember them, I'll keep adding them in.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

On Saying Goodbye: Leaving Boston after 17 Years

Dear Boston and all the people who have been in our lives: Thank you for the (just shy of!) 17 Years! What a beautiful city this is. It was such a privilege to call Boston home. You were worst of times (cancer, other health issues, losing Chaucer and Dante, job losses/ unemployments on both ends) but you were mostly the best of times (meeting the best people, having Oliver, completing advanced degrees, advancing in our careers, growing as people). You quite literally saved my life.. While some memories are quite triggering, they are reminders of strength and perseverance. And I am filled with thanks having been in the right place at the right time . Now here comes a waterfall of photos   Us in our early days here, circa 2008 Our graduations from Boston College in 2012 and 13 respectively  (I was pregnant and didn’t yet know in this pic!) Oliver’s birth in 2014 When i first moved here, I was not city savvy. I was not public transit savvy. And I HATED the cold and snow.  17 years later a

On Death and Surviving Survivor's Guilt: One Decade Without Zellie

 Late August /early September 2010 was a huge milestone for me. I had survived one year being cancer free after a huge struggle to recover from my cancer-curative-partial gastrectomy surgery (as you all know, I had the rest of my stomach removed in 2019) . My partial gastrectomy recovery was ROUGH. I spent 5 months essentially starving as my esophagus did not work. My face spent more time in the toilet than with friends if the visit had anything to do with food. Meanwhile, though, I still somehow got into grad school. But as I recovered, my friend suddenly deteriorated. And then she was diagnosed with lung cancer. And then she died. Her name was Jennifer Wille, but after college, she went by her pen name Zellie Blake. She was 27 years young. Zellie was a free spirit. She was funny. She was creative. She was happy. She was silly. She was tall 😊 (approximately a foot taller than me- in college I called her my “Foot Taller JenTwin).  She had a child-like innocence. She never stopped pl

Official Eviction Notice/ An Ode to My Stomach

JENNIFER THE SOVEREIGN , LLC February 24, 2019 RE: EVICTION NOTICE Stomach, It is recognized that you have been a 35 year tenant for PROPERTY OWNER. Your presence allowed PROPERTY OWNER to grow (albeit not that much, but GENETICS is more at fault), enjoy the sensation of full belly after eating delicious meals, and being an active member of the DIGESTIVE CO-OP. However, you have since become HOSTILE and UNCOOPERATIVE. PROPERTY OWNER has listed the following grievances: Grievance: WHEREAS in 2009 you invited Cancer to sublet on your top apartment near the GE Junction Attic causing LOSS OF PROPERTY/IRREPARABLE DAMAGE/ in surrounding area WHEREAS since 2009 your egregious party antics has wrecked havoc on your upper neighbor ESPHOAGUS causing IRREPARABLE DAMAGE to property which can cause FUTURE HARM to OWNER OF PROPERTY (and HOSTILE LIVING ENVIRONMENT) WHERAS since 2009 the consequences of your antics has caused problems to other neighbors such as LIVER, LUNGS, TE